National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The conducting body of NEET 2018 the Central Board of Secondary Education released the NEET 2018 Eligibility criteria for the candidates to check whether they are eligible for the NEET 2018 Exam of not. Candidates aspiring for admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India’s prestigious government and private medical colleges must understand and fulfill all parameters mentioned in NEET 2018 Eligibility criteria before filling out their application form.
CBSE replaced All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) with National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) in 2016 and thus, would be conducting NEET 2018 as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and the Dentists Act-1948. The parameters such as academic qualifications, age limit, residency status are mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria of NEET2018and must be met by all candidates appearing for the entrance exam.
Important Changes in NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
As per the Gazette of India notification released on January 23, 2018, the Medical Council of India introduced some changes in the NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria which were released in the official NEET notification on 8th February 2018. Candidates must note that the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018 is limited only for appearing for the examination. Eligibility for the admission is different.
• Candidates must note that CBSE has reintroduced the controversial upper age limit rule in NEET Eligibility Criteria for 2018.
• The NIOS board and open school students who were previously allowed to apply for NEET 2017, would not be allowed to appear in NEET 2018.
• Candidates with Biology as an additional subject and not a core subject in Class 11th-12th are not allowed to appear for NEET 2018.
NOTE: According to an order passed by Delhi High Court, all candidates are allowed to apply for the exam before a final decision regarding the NEET eligibility criteria 2018 is made on April 16, 2018.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria—Parameters:
The candidate would be considered eligible for NEET 2018 Exam on the basis of the parameters mentioned in NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, given below:
1. Qualifying Exam:
• Candidates must be 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in both Classes 11 and 12 from a recognized Board.
• Candidates from NIOS Board are ineligible – Gap year between Class 11 and 12 is not permitted.
2. Minimum Age Requirement:
• 17 years as on December 31, 2018.
• Candidates must be born on or before January 1, 2002.
3. Maximum Age Requirement:
• 25 years till date of exam for Unreserved candidates; 30 years till date of exam for Reserved category candidates
• Unreserved candidates must be born on or after May 7, 1993 and Reserved candidates must be born on or after May 7, 1988.
4. Qualifying marks:
• UR – 50%
• OBC/SC/ST – 40%
• PWD – 45%
5. Maximum Attempts:
• There is no limit on the permitted number of attempts age criteria permitting.
• Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria—Qualifying Examination Codes:
• Code 1: Students who will be appearing in Class 12 Board Examinations or whose result is awaited are eligible to appear for NEET 2018. In case a candidate does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks, then they will not be eligible for admissions.
• Code 2: The Senior Secondary Education or the Indian School Certificate examination after a period of 12 years’ study, where the last two years of such study consist of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other elective subject with core-level English.
Candidates must have undertaken 2 years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology at 10+2 level.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as private candidate shall not be eligible to appear. Furthermore, study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional at Class 12 level is also not allowed.
• Code 3: The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in science as offered by an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and also English as compulsory subjects.
• Code 4: The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. This will also include the practical tests in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
• Code 5: The first year of the three years’ degree course from a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology including practical tests and core-level English.
• Code 6: Candidate should have passed B.Sc. from an Indian University with not less than two of the subjects among Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology)/Bio-technology.
Not only this, the candidate should have cleared the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
• Code 7: Apart from the above-mentioned examinations, any exam which is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects will be considered. It should also include practical tests in each subject.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria—for 15% All India Quota Seats:
• Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
II. For J & K State:
• Candidates belong to J&K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. They are eligible for 15% AIQ seats only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
• Candidates from the States J & K can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
III. For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
• From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.
• Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats with any self-declaration.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria—for 85% State Quota Seats
The Eligibility Criteria of NEET 2018for 85% State Quota Seats is as follows:
• Through state counselling, all the states participating in the NEET 2018 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS.
• The rest 15% of the seats will be filled through All India Centralized Counselling.
The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
• Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
• Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
• Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria— Seats in Participating Bodies
The NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria for the colleges/universities/institutes participating are as follows:
Many institutes/universities like Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), JamiaHamdardUniversity, University of Delhi are participating in NEET 2018. The rules of government of India would be applied to the OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) who would appear for the exam.
The upper age limit shall be considered as per the rules of states/ universities/ institutions for those candidates, seeking admission under the control of participating Institutions/ Universities/ States.
NEET 2018 Eligibility—Grievance Cell
Candidates who face any difficulty while filling out the NEET 2018 Application form or not understanding any part of the Eligibility Criteria, must follow up on the given information.
• Address – The Deputy Secretary (Examination), National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, PreetVihar, Delhi-110 092
• Website – www.cbseneet.nic.in
• Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone No. – 011-22041807, 011 – 22041808, Fax No.-011-22509251
• Toll-Free No. – 1800118002, Mobile No. – 9599590192, 9599590193
NEET 2018 Admit Card
NEET 2018 Sample Paper
NEET 2018 Syllabus